Whether you’re living with loud roommates, neighbors, or you appreciate bedtime music, you’ll need special headphones for sleeping.
Elimination of noise and sleeping on calm music will help you unwind, have better sleep, and be more energetic during the day. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’re in for a treat!
In today’s article, we’ll walk you through some of the best headphones and earbuds for sleeping that are available on the market. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
1. Winonly Sleep Headphones Headband – Best Overall Sleep Headphones
Kicking off the list with one of the best overall headphones for sleeping out there. The Winonly sleep headphone is shaped in the form of a headband, which is an excellent design to promote comfortable sleep.
The headband design ensures that the headphones stay on while sleeping. Not only that but it also prevents hair mess from disturbing you while sleeping.
The headband is available in both white and grey colors, which can also be used as a running and yoga headband with built-in headphones.
The headphones feature advanced HD Hi-Fi technology for a high level of sound clarity and music quality as well as a decent built-in mic for calls.
Additionally, the speakers are only 0.25 inches thick, so you won’t feel any bulkiness produced by the headphones while sleeping on your side.
The speaker supports 5.0+ EDR Bluetooth, which is the latest technology that enables a crisp sound quality and pairs easily with all operating systems, such as iOS and Android smartphones.
The headband headphone is equipped with an exquisite 240 mAh Li-ion battery that needs anywhere between 2 to 2.5 hours of USB charging to last up to 10 hours. This means that the headphones can stay on all night long!
Another addition to the headphone’s great value is that it comes with a satisfaction warranty for a worry-free purchase.
- Versatile headband design that can be used for various purposes
- Advanced 5.0 Bluetooth
- Washable and breathable fabric with removable speakers
- Ultra-thin speakers for a comfortable sleep
- The headband might run small for people with large heads
- The volume level changes noticeably per click
2. Panasonic RP-HS46E-K Slim Clip On Earphone
The Panasonic Slim Clip-on Earphone is another decent option for those who are looking for over-ear headphones that are slim enough for sleeping.
This earphone is available in two different designs and multiple colors to suit your taste and style. This earphone can be used for occasional day use as well as sleeping.
However, it’s not an ideal choice for daily use, as it does leak a lot of sound due to its mild pressing on the ear.
But for that reason, it’s excellent for sleepers, especially those who sleep on their back or don’t mind very slight bulkiness around the ear.
The earphones come with a 30 mm driver unit, which offers excellent sound quality for its highly reasonable price.
The wired headset comes with a 3.5 mm jack, which allows it to connect to a wide variety of smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Upon continuous use, some users noticed that the padding on the earphones may come off. Yet, it can be easily fixed or previously fortified with adhesive tape.
- Easy to put on using the clip loop
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Comfortable and lightweight for back sleepers
- Available in multiple colors and styles
- Some padding may come off with time
- Not versatile enough for daily use
- Can still feel bulky for super-sensitive sleepers
3. Joseche Sleep Headphones Bluetooth Eye Mask
The Joseche headphone is the perfect solution for those who are looking for a sleep-oriented speaker and don’t mind the lack of versatility.
Similar to the Winonly Headphone, this one is also designed as a wearable fabric with built-in on-ear speakers.
The difference between them is that this one is shaped like an eye mask rather than being a headband.
The extension of the fabric to the eye means that it’ll block the light easily, making it an ideal item for quick daily snoozes, meditation, and yoga!
The fabric of the headband is remarkably smooth, so it won’t irritate your skin if you wear it for a long time. Moreover, the speakers are removable, and the fabric can be machine washed.
It’s even comfortable enough to double as a silent night eye mask if you don’t play any music. However, it’s made of 95% cotton and 5% polyester, which isn’t well tolerated by a few people.
Thanks to its 5.0 Bluetooth, the sound quality and range of this headphone is decent. It also charges up quickly and lasts anywhere between 8 to 9 hours.
- Has a Velcro tape for size adjustment
- Extends to the eyes to block the light
- High sound quality with 5.0 Bluetooth
- Machine washable fabric
- The control panel is placed off-center, which can press down on the head
- The 5% polyester composition might be problematic for some
4. Fulext Sleep Headphones Headband – Best Performing Sleep Headphones
Fulext Sleep Headphones are all about quality and good value for its price. It’s a stylish headband with built-in headphones to support a comfortable sleep.
The speaker is only a quarter of an inch, which is the golden standard for over-ear headphones for sleeping.
This speaker is a wireless one that works via Bluetooth. In fact, it utilizes the latest Bluetooth technology, the 5.2 version. This one gives it an excellent wireless range of about 33 feet.
Not only that, but they’re compatible with almost all operating systems and devices that support Bluetooth.
The advanced tech also benefits the battery efficiency of the speaker. It comes with a battery that charges fully in about 2 hours and lasts up to 9 to 10 hours.
If you prefer a wired connection, it also comes with an included 3.5 mm audio cable that you can connect directly to your media device.
- Excellent performance and range with 5.2 Bluetooth Technology
- Dual fabric headband for comfort and style
- One size fits all design to eliminate sizing problems
- Requires frequent washing because it absorbs moisture
5. Ururtm Sleeping Silicone Earplugs – Best Budget Sleep Earbuds
If you’re on a strict budget and looking for a decent sleeping earbud, you should consider getting the Ururtm Sleeping Earplugs.
Despite packing some nice features in terms of weight, portability, and comfort, it comes at an extremely inexpensive price that will save you as much money as possible!
These earplugs are designed with soft silicone to make it super soft on your ears even if you like to sleep on your side.
The earplugs are wired and feature a 3.5 mm jack, which is easily connected to a wide variety of smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
The silicone is also rubbery and prevents slipping, so it won’t fall off easily while sleeping. This also ensures that it will cancel a lot of the background noise to promote a comfy sleep.
The earphones are remarkably lightweight with a thin TPE coated wire jacket to keep the wires durable for a longer time.
The jack is tested to plug in and out up to 15,000 times, so you don’t have to worry about breaking them if you use them properly.
The earplugs also come with quick control buttons, which allow you to control music, answer calls, and adjust volume with ease.
Moreover, this one comes with a clear mic that you can rely on. Coupled with its lightweight and portable design, those features make it a great option for flights and blocking street noises too!
Above all that, Ururtm comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which adds a layer of security to your purchase!
- Comes with a generous warranty and money-back guarantee
- Lightweight and portable design
- Features a decent mic
- Designed with soft and slip-resistant silicone
- Relatively long 1.2-meter wire
- Can be easily clogged with ear wax if not cleaned periodically
6. Perytong Bluetooth Sports Headband Headphones
One of the problems with headband headphones is that they sometimes tend to shift and move around inside the headband, causing annoying fluctuation of volume. The Perytong Headband Headphone solves this problem nicely.
This one is designed for both sports and sleeping, so they made sure that the speakers are placed exactly where they’re supposed to be with no space for moving around.
It comes with a significantly longer battery life. Thanks to its two Li-ion batteries included in the package, it can last for about 10 hours or more. In fact, if you’re not a heavy user, it might last for weeks before you need to recharge it.
The headband itself is made of super-soft materials that stay cool for a long time, which is ideal for people who don’t tolerate hot nights. It also absorbs sweat, which adds to its comfort level whether you’re working out or sleeping.
A cool feature of the headphone is that it can be used as an alarm, which wakes you up without disturbing anyone sleeping next to you.
This makes it a perfect option for couples who wake up at different times for work or working out.
- Long battery life
- Prevents the speakers from shifting inside the headband
- Stays cool on hot nights and absorb moisture
- Decent sound quality and advanced 5.0 Bluetooth
- Can be used as a private alarm
- The headband has sizing problems
7. Hearprotek Ultra Soft Silicone Sleeping Earphones
Hearprotek is one of the softest earbuds for sleeping on the market. It has a double layer of silicone for better stability on the ear if you turn over a lot while sleeping.
The silicone is soft enough to allow for side sleeping and won’t dig into your ear canal, especially if you’re used to wearing earbuds.
The wires on the headset are made of oxygen-free copper, which eliminates the background noise produced by the earphones for the comfiest night sleep.
The buttons on the earphone’s control panel are highly intuitive and let you adjust anything from volume to calls and music.
In addition to sleeping, this one produces some exceptional tones, which qualifies it to be a nice option for daily use.
The Hearprotek Silicone earphones come with a protective case that conveniently stores the earbuds when not in use and protect them for being tangled in your pocket.
- Ideal for daily use as well
- Soft for side sleepers
- Anti tensile and durable wires
- Highly adjustable in terms of volume, calls, and music playback
- The volume controls might malfunction after some weeks
8. SoundBot SB210 Smart Beanie Headset
If you live in a cold area where you have to keep your head warm while sleeping, you will need to wear a beanie over your sleeping headphones.
SoundBot SB210 combines them together for better functionality. Additionally, it’s surprisingly affordable and elegant!
The smart beanie comes in a wide variety of styles and colors (up to 19), so you can choose the one that suits your style the most.
The headphones inside the beanie are loud and clear without being too bulky for sleepers. You can also remove the headphones with a unique zipper and Velcro design to wash the beanie whenever you want.
The battery on the SoundBot SB210 is one of the only drawbacks of the smart beanie. It lasts only for 5 hours of music playback. This can be a bit disappointing for those who like to enjoy music throughout their sleep time.
- Excellent for anyone living in a cold area
- Features a one-year warranty
- Available in a wide variety of styles
- Universal fit design
- Uses older Bluetooth, so has a low range
- The battery only lasts for 5 hours of music
9. Lightimetunnel Ultra Thin Sleep Headphones Headband
If you like headphone headbands but you want something a little less bulky, Lightimetunnel should be on your radar!
It has an ultra-thin design with even smaller speakers, so it’s quite tolerable and won’t hurt your ears.
Also, it has a mesh lining for breathability and comfort and won’t leave a lot of space for the speakers to move around.
But don’t worry, you’ll still be able to take out the speakers from the headband and toss the fabric part in the washing machine for a quick wash!
The 5.0 Bluetooth technology along with the 240 mAh ensures that the battery on this headband headphone lasts up to 10 hours and produce crisp sound.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Don’t produce any harmful radio frequency emissions
- Slim design for those who don’t like the bulkiness
- A bit too tight for people with large heads
10. MaxRock Sleep Earplugs
For some people, the sensation of a tight headband or an eye mask pressing down their heads might be too uncomfortable for sleeping.
If you’re one of these, opting for a sleep-friendly earplug is your best option. The MaxRock Sleep earplugs are your way to go!
This one has a unique silicone design that prevents it from slipping and keeps it soft on the ear canal.
The wired headset comes with a 3.5 mm jack and thermoplastic elastomer-coated wire to protect them for bending and stretching damage while you’re sleeping.
Even if you don’t use them for music, the MaxRock also doubles as a passive noise cancellation earplug, so it effectively draws out all the sounds of moving pets, snoring partners, and other ambient noise.
Lastly, the MaxRock Sleep Earplugs comes in a zipper carry case, which adds more bang for your buck!
- Passive noise cancellation allows it to work even with no music
- Unique and ergonomic double layer silicone design
- Has a 3-month warranty and replacement guarantee
- Despite the TPE coating, the wires are still flimsy
11. LC Dolida Sleep Headphones Eye Mask
Last but not least, if you’re looking for a premium quality headphones for a super comfortable sleep, consider this one from LC Dolida.
This one is shaped like an eye mask like the Joseche headphone. However, it has the added perk of being a 3D model that’s lined with comfortable memory foam to prevent the mask from pushing your eyes intensively like others.
The fabric is machine washable, extremely lightweight and soft as well as being hypoallergenic, so you won’t have to worry about that!
Sound-wise, it’s one of the highest performing sleeping headphones on the market. It comes with a 5.0 Bluetooth module, which promotes better energy efficiency, higher quality sound, and longer range.
Not only that, but the control panel is designed so that it won’t push on your head while sleeping or leave an awkward sleep marking on your forehead.
- Lined with memory foam for added comfort
- High-quality music and range
- Long battery life
- Ergonomically designed hypoallergenic fabric
- A bit pricier than other options